Tuesday, January 18, 2011

14 ways to get break through ideas

Mitch Ditkoff's "14 Ways to Get Breakthrough Ideas" explains 14 different ways that we as people can have a creative breakthrough. these ideas the Ditkoff has in this article can help anyone become a more creative person. The ideas in this article are also supported by quotes by professionals so the reader of this article knows that there is truth and meaning behind the words of author.
These are three of the ways that really stuck out to me from this article.

1.) Follow Your Fascination

I feel that this point made in the article is very important to me. This point clearly states that expanding on a new idea you have or even expanding on a life long goal is a great way to make a breakthrough. This section speaks to me because it Ditkoff did a great job inspiring me to expand my ideas that i have no matter how small or big the may be. The link from from this section that spoke to me the most was "out of the thousands of ideas with the power to capture our imagination, the fascination felt for one of them is a clue that there’s something worthy of our engagement." this quote really spoke to me because it made me realize that no matter how small an idea may be if you feel like it is good and work chasing you should pursue it.

10.) Hang Out With  Diverse Groups of People.

This Section really spoke to me because i completely agree with what it says. i believe that if you do not have a diverse group of friends it not only boring because you get stuck into a pattern but also if you do if you do not have a diverse group fo friends it is hard to not only draw inspiration from different social groups and cultures, it is also makes sure you have wide variety of friends that you can form connections with and rely on. A quote from this section that made a lot of sense to me was "If you want to increase your chances of getting a breakthrough idea, you will need to break the bonds of the familiar. Hang out with a different crowd." This quote i relate to a lot because i do this because it has me see that if others do enjoy my work other than my close group of friends and family. This also quote also inspires me to go and hangout with social groups and people.

8.) Take a Brake

This advice that Ditkoff gives is very useful for me. I have been using this technique in my creative process for quite some time. i believe that taking a break while feeling over whelmed is very important because it gives you a chance not only to calm down but it also gives you a chance to improve upon your ideas. The other part of this idea is that taking a break doesn't mean you have to stop everything it can also mean that you can work on something else to help inspire you.

For my Prompt I chose #5 Fantasize. The prompt the section has is "Think of a current challenge of yours. What would a fantasy solution to this challenge look like? What clues does this fantasy solution give you?"


 My answer to the first question is that a current challenge of mine is the screenplay i am writing for a movie the reason why it is so challenging is that it is my first time writing a horror movie and i am nervous on how it will turn out.
 The fantasy solution to that challenge would be that I finish my screenplay and also make sure it is good enough that i could actually get other people interested in making it into a movie.
 The clues that i draw from this fantasy are that I want to my screenplay to be able to turn into a movie and also that i want people to accept me as a writer and film maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment